Shop Life After Covid
Please join us on Wednesday , July 28th from 9am-1pm Central Time for a virtual conference focusing Shop Life After Covid. What have we learned from the onset of COVID-19? What tools/procedures/guidelines will we keep when shop life goes back to "normal"? We will feature some speakers and panel discussions focusing on and giving examples of how some schools are managing this process.
- Shop Life after COVID: Worries, concerns, solutions
- COVID implementations: What worked? What will you keep?
- How will your shop management change?
- 3rd Party Software Solutions: Examples of software options that have helped with shop/equipment management, tracking training, etc.
- Student Behaviors in the shop: Mental Health, Entitlement Attitude, Overall Tone
More details will be sent out soon.
9am CDT - Welcome
Amy Kavalewitz, SSMC President
- Housekeeping - format for the conference - Q&A, Chat functions
9:10 am CDT - Guest Speaker- Topic - TBD
MODERATOR: Amy Kavalewitz, Rice University
10:00 am CDT - Panel Discussion - Topic - TBD
- Panelists to be listed soon. 5 min presentations followed by Q&A
11:30 am CDT - Break-out Sessions - Topics - TBD
- Guests can pick topic discussions they are interested in joining
- Two 30-minute Break-out Sessions
12:30 pm CDT Wrap-up
- Group Discussion takeaways
- Closing Remarks/Reminders/Announcements - Amy Kavalewitz, SSMC President
*Topics and Agenda may change as speakers/panelists confirm
FREE for Current Members
$25 for Non-members - includes a year membership
This conference will occur using ZOOM video conferencing, with brief presentations or panel discussions. A link to the conference will be sent out in a separate email before the conference.
If you would like to submit some questions to be answered by our speakers and panelists, please submit them to Amy Kavalewitz at email@example.com
*this conference is meant to showcase ideas, processes and procedures that some schools have come up with to reopen their shops as safely as possible. This is in no way an instructional or how-to conference.